Our CIF® technology uses continuous ion exchange and physical filtration (if required) to selectively remove contaminants from water. The technology is proven and built on the foundations of ion exchange, a process that has been used in the water industry for over 50 years.
CIF® uses a moving bed of charged resin beads to attract and remove ionic species from water whilst filtering the water of suspended solids, ensuring optimum efficiency and continuous high performance. Commercially available ion exchange resin can be used in the system, with the resin type chosen based on the contaminants being targeted.
Feed water is passed upwards through the packed bed of ion exchange resin and exits the top of the column as treated water. Ion exchange resin is removed from the bottom of the column and passes though a series of columns where it is reconditioned and returned to the adsorption column. CIF® is a robust, membrane-free, continuous ion exchange technology that is highly resistant to scaling and fouling.
HIGHER WATER RECOVERY AND LESS WASTE BY SELECTIVELY REMOVING CONTAMINANTS
TOLERATES SUSPENDED SOLIDS IN THE FEED AND CAPABLE OF PHYSICAL FILTRATION
HIGHLY RESISTANT TO SCALING AND FOULING
REDUCED PRE-TREATMENT REQUIREMENTS AND EASY OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
The continuous nature of CIF® allows it to be applied in industries where ion exchange traditionally isn’t used. CIF® can remove a range of contaminants, including hardness (calcium/magnesium), nuisance metal contaminants (e.g. iron, manganese, uranium), nitrate, phosphate, boron, sulphate and more.
CIF® can be applied to a range of industries:
- Mining Water – hardness removal and targeted metal removal/recovery
- Municipal Reuse – targeted nitrate removal and contaminant removal (e.g. hardness, uranium)
- Surface Water Treatment & Groundwater Treatment – hardness, nitrate, and uranium removal
- Industrial Water – hardness removal and targeted contaminant removal from water and brines
- Power Plants – harness removal for boiler water and treatment of flue gas desulphurisation water
Get in touch
Contact us to see how CIF® can help with your water treatment project.