Power generation is one of the largest industrial water users, with the majority of water used for cooling purposes on site. Along with cooling water, boilers and flue gas desulphurisation (FGD) or wet scrubbing systems also contribute to total water use. Due to the large volume of water required, it is common for powerplants to be located next to natural water sources, such as rivers, where they can draw water into the plant for use.
Clean TeQ Water has experience helping clients reach a range of water treatment goals, including:
- Treatment of water for use or reuse on site (e.g. cooling water or boiler water)
- Cooling tower blowdown and boiler blowdown for reuse/recycling
- Water treatment to comply with environmental discharge regulations
- Selective removal/recovery of many contaminants
- Evaporation solutions for brine management that can run using waste heat to reduce costs