Mine water treatment is a complex process. The mining industry uses a significant amount of water for transporting and processing ores, with water commonly sourced from rivers, lakes, bores, or pipelines. Water quality is highly important on mine sites, with different processing circuits often requiring different water quality to achieve the desired performance, and strict quality requirements imposed by environmental agencies for discharge/disposal.
Increased water availability through high recovery water treatment or additional water recycling are often key elements of water security for mines. Clean TeQ Water has experience helping clients reach a range of mine water treatment goals, including:
- Treatment of acid mine drainage, tailings water, and process water for process reuse or compliant disposal to the environment
- Treating groundwater (including hypersaline water) for use on site
- Treatment of raffinate/tailings to recover valuable metals
- Selective removal/recovery of many contaminants
- Rapid dewatering of tailings into stackable solids and reusable water