HIROX® (High Recovery Reverse Osmosis) combines our CIF® (Continuous Ionic Filtration) technology with reverse osmosis (RO) to provide a highly effective water treatment process. HIROX® uses ion exchange to remove di- and tri-valent cations such as calcium, magnesium and heavy metals from waste waters, while simultaneously filtering suspended solids if required.
These ions are primarily responsible for the precipitation (scaling) that occurs on the RO membranes when operating at high recoveries. With this scaling potential removed, the RO process can be more efficient with higher recoveries, resulting in lower waste brine volumes.
In HIROX®, the RO brine is used to regenerate the ion exchange resin in CIF®, providing chemical free pre-treatment for the RO. The CIF® process consists of a series of resin filled columns which are designed for specific functions, including filtration & ion exchange, cleaning, and resin regeneration.
VERY HIGH WATER RECOVERY (TYPICALLY 95 – 99%) AND LOW WASTE PRODUCTION
CHEMICAL FREE PRETREATMENT FOR EASIER OPERATION AND LOWER CHEMICAL COSTS
HIGHLY RESISTANT TO SCALING AND FOULING BY REMOVING ADVERSE SPECIES PRIOR TO RO
LONGER TIME BETWEEN CLEANS AND LONGER MEMBRANE LIFE
A LOWER TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP MINIMUM LIQUID DISCHARGE SOLUTION
HIROX® can treat a wide range of brackish and saline feed waters by removing both suspended particles (TSS) and dissolved contaminants (TDS) via the integrated ion exchange and RO. Flowsheets can be simplified, and recoveries increased for potable and wastewater applications.
HIROX® can be applied to a range of industries:
- Municipal Reuse – high recovery desalination of effluent, producing a high quality water for industrial or potable reuse
- Mining Water – removal metals, hardness, and TDS reduction for difficult to treat process or tailings water
- Groundwater Treatment – removal of harness and metals prior to RO to increase recovery for potable, industrial, or mining applications
- Industrial Water – high recovery desalination of process water and wastewater creating smaller volumes of waste brine
- Power Plant Water – treatment of difficult water to produce a high quality product water for reuse or discharge
- Agriculture – high recovery desalination of brackish or saline water when high water quality is required
Clean TeQ Water is currently delivering a project in the Middle East for a multinational client in the Oil and Gas sector through our partner NESR. Using HIROX® for the project is expected to increase the water recovery from around 30% (when using RO alone) to 90%, greatly reducing volume of waste brine. A case study for the project will be added to the website upon completion.
Get in touch
Contact us to see how HIROX® can help with your water treatment project.