PHOSPHIX™ is a combination of our Continuous Ionic Filtration (CIF®) technology and chemical precipitation. The ion exchange process selectively removes phosphate from the water, and the small volume of brine containing concentrated phosphate enters a precipitation reactor. Phosphate is precipitated into a solid phosphorus product with low solubility, suitable for recycling.
PHOSPHIX™ allows the brine to be recycled in the brine loop and used again to regenerate the ion exchange resin. This greatly minimises chemical consumption, waste production, has a smaller footprint, and has roughly half the operating cost when compared to commonly used precipitation systems. Using our PHOSPHIX™ technology, total phosphate effluent concentrations below 0.1 ppm can consistently be achieved.
CONSISTENT PHOSPHATE REMOVAL TO <0.1 PPM USING ION EXCHANGE
SMALL SITE FOOTPRINTS DUE TO SIDE STREAM PRECIPITATION AND NO CHECMIAL ADDITION TO THE MAIN STREAM (NO TSS INCREASE)
HIGH WATER RECOVERY (TYPICALLY >99%) AND LOW WASTE PRODUCTION SINCE THE BRINE IS REUSED
TYPICALLY 50% LOWER OPERATIONAL COSTS THAN OTHER PHOSPAHTE REMOVAL METHODS
CREATES A SOLID, REUSABLE PHOSPHORUS PRODUCT WITH LOW SOLUBILITY
Our PHOSPHIX™ technology can be used for feeds up to 100 mg/L phosphate and produces water with a phosphate concentration below 0.1 mg/L. The solid phosphorus product produced can be reused in a range of industries, including fertiliser production, or is suitable to go to landfill in most jurisdictions if phosphorus recycling isn’t required.
PHOSPHIX™ has a wide range of applications:
- Municipal Reuse – Phosphate polishing to low levels to meet strict discharge limits from municipal wastewater treatment plants
- Surface Water Treatment – removal of phosphates from water to prevent blue/green algal blooms
- Aquaculture & Agriculture – phosphate removal from run off and drainage allowing safe discharge of water to the environment
- Mining Water & Industrial Water – phosphate removal from process water, wastewater and brines enabling reuse or safe discharge
- Marine Mucilage (Sea Snot) – Removal of phosphate before discharge to the ocean to help prevent the formation of sea snot
Get in touch
Contact us to see how PHOSPHIX™ can help with your water treatment project.