Manganese, Iron and Hardness Removal, Australia

Batch Ion Exchange

Manganese, Iron and Hardness Removal, Australia

Read More

Clean TeQ Water provided a 25m3/h water treatment plant at a mine site in Australia to remove manganese, iron and hardness from groundwater for potable use.

Summary

Clean TeQ Water provided a 25m3/h water treatment plant at a mine site in Australia to remove manganese, iron and hardness from groundwater.  The system consisted of a packed bed of catalytic filtration media to remove manganese and iron, followed by a packed bed of ion exchange resin for softening.  All of the bore water was process through the filtration media, and 60% of the flow proceeded to the softening step. Total hardness (as CaCO3) was 0.6 mg/L after the softening step, which was blended with the remaining 40% of the flow to create a treated water with a total hardness of 60 mg/L.

Water Quality

Species Unit Feed Water Treated Water
Managanese mg/L 1.6 0.30
Iron mg/L 2.0 0.02
Hardness (as CaCO3) mg/L 300 60

Gallery

Get in touch